Lake St. Louis Anglers
Tournament Fees and Rules
Saturday & Sunday Tournaments $30.00 per boat.
Thursday Tournaments $20.00 per boat.
100% of entry fees are paid back in prize money.
Club members must pay a $20.00 annual fee (per family) to the Anglers Club to be elgible to fish tournaments. Club member's guests must pay a $10.00 annual fee to the Anglers Club to fish tournaments.
1. The following rules will be interpreted solely by the tournament directors. The directors reserve the right to reject any entry if they feel that it is not in the best interest of the tournament and/or the LSL Anglers Club. Any violation of these rules, Dept. of Conservation or State Water Patrol regulations shall be reason for disqualification and possibly from all future events. Failure to read these rules is no excuse. All participants will abide by all Federal, State and local regulations, there will be no exceptions.
2. ELIGIBILITY: 18 years of age or older with paid entry fee. Contestants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Sign in sheet must be completely filled out and signed by both contestants. Membership is required to fish any Lake St. Louis Angler event and at least one Angler per boat must be in good standing with the club. Membership is $20.00 per year.
3. SAFETY & SPORTSMANSHIP: Safe boating must be observed at all times. Life jackets are recommended to be worn at all times. Kill switches must be attached to driver anytime the combustion motor is running. All contestants are required to follow the highest degree of sportsmanship, courtesy and conservation as well as conduct themselves in a manner that will be a credit to themselves, LSL Anglers, sponsors and the sport of tournament fishing. Any words, conduct or actions reflecting unfavorably upon efforts to promote safety, sportsmanship, fair competition and compliance with tournament rules will not be tolerated and may result in disqualification.
4. BOAT REGULATION: All boats must meet B.I.A. and Coast Guard requirements. All boats most meet the Safety and Regulation Requirements of the LSL Community Association along with the LSL Anglers and are properly identified. Boats must contain a properly aerated or a recirculating live well to assure the safety of their catch.
5. PERMITTED FISHING METHODS: All bass must be caught live in a conventional sporting manner. Only artificial lures may be used with the exception of pork trailers. No live bait. Only one fishing rod may be used at a time. Trolling as a method of fishing is prohibited.
6. PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters accessible by boat, except areas designated as "off limits" or "no fishing" by local, state or federal officials. Off limits for all Tournaments taking out of Windjammer Point are between the gas dock and the first office building by the boat ramp. At no time may a contestant leave the boat to land a fish. Note that when fishing Peruque Creek, boats must run at idle speed only when beyond the black debris containment pipe.
7. SCORING: Scoring will be determined by the pounds and ounces of each contestant’s catch during the tournament. Only Largemouth, Spotted, or Smallmouth bass are accepted species. The limit will be five (5) fish. This limit may be reduced to three (3) fish when water temperatures are measured above 90°F and is solely at the discretion of the tournament directors present at the tournament. Bass presented for weigh-in which fail to measure the prescribed length limit will be penalized at the rate of one (1) pound and loss of short fish for each non legal bass presented. Golden Rule will be the official measure board. The length limit is 15 inches. Only one (1) dead fish per team can be weighed-in. plus, receive a one (1) pound penalty to be deducted from the total weight. No more than five (5) fish (3 fish under high water temperature conditions) per boat will be allowed in the team’s live well at any time. Frozen, iced or mangled fish presented for weigh-in will result in immediate disqualification.
8. CHALLENGE RULE: Short or dead fish may be challenged, we will stop weigh-in and make every effort to determine if fish is short or dead.
9. LATE PENALTY: Contestants who are not at the official check-in area at the appointed time will be penalized at one (1) pound per minute deducted from the total weight including any weight to be counted toward a big bass award. Any contestant more than ten (10) minutes late will lose credit for the day’s weight. A word of advice. Be on time, and don’t be late.
10. TIES: For total weight, ties will be broken by the most fish in the bag, then the largest fish in the bag and finally by sign in sheet. Big bass will be divided equally by the number of participants that tie.
11. INSURANCE: Liability insurance is required of all contestants utilizing their boat in the LSL Angler Tournaments and is the sole responsibility of the owner.
12. TOURNAMENT CANCELLATION: If canceled due to reasons of safety, high/low water, weather etc. entry fees will only be refunded at the discretion of the club and its participants.
13. KNOWLEDGE OF THESE RULES IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. Failure to read these rules or ignorance of these rules is no excuse. Any extreme violation of rules will be grounds for disqualification from all future Angler events. Any announcement made by the LSL Tournament Committee at tournament sites takes precedence over written rules. These rules may be amended at anytime by the LSL Angler Governing bodies and or the Tournament Committee and its participants.